Photostream of pictures (Copyright 2010 - All rights reserved)

Friday, July 2, 2010

4th of July Photography

Fireworks at the San Jose America Festival in ...Image via Wikipedia
I'm hoping that i'll have presence of mind to have a good camera, lens, and tripod handy for the 4th of July this year. I've been meaning to try my hand at fireworks photography, but have never had anything more than just a point and shoot along with me at the time.

Digging through my prior email discussions, I compiled a few disjointed SLR related tips:

1. Shoot RAW if possible. You can then bypass a lot of white balance issues in Post Processing.
2. Aperture usually somewhere between  f/8 or f/11.
3. Put focus on manual and test if infinity or a little less than infinity focus setting works best for you.
4. Shoot low ISO if possible, you'll very likely be cropping your photographs since predicting the pattern of fireworks is a fools errand, and you'll also want to reduce the amount of noise in the photograph.

If all else fails: Get a tripod and use Shutter Priority setting, set it from 6 to 12 seconds.

Any other tips?

Wish me luck!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If you'd like some sort of response, I recommend you use an account that you check once in a while. I check and respond to all posts.